Cinnamon chips are fantastic. I am very enthusiastic about cinnamon chips. They combine the flavor of cinnamon with chocolate chips’ ease of use. Did I mention they are hopelessly addicting? (I have been devouring them from a hastily torn-open bag for the past hour.) It's a miracle that there were enough left to make Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles.
Snickerdoodles frequently leave something to be desired....they are usually too dry, taste "eggy", and never have enough cinnamon for my liking. These cookies are soft and full of delicious cinnamon flavor, thanks to these awesome chips. MAKE THEM!!
Cinnamon-Chip Snickerdoodles (this recipe makes a whole lotta cookies, be forewarned)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the batter until blended. Stir in the cinnamon-chips.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 minutes or until lightly browned, but still very soft.